Saturday, April 16, 2011

Traveling without your leo

The wonderful thing about taking care of two desert creatures is that you don't have to worry about finding a substitute caretaker even on trips up to two weeks. The one exception was while Citrus was sick with hookworms, in which case it was imperative that his poop be scooped up immediately and his cage kept in very clean condition.

I have just now left New Jersey (woohoo...) to spend my long weekend in Boston where my parents and boyfriend live. Leaving Citrus behind is hard, and although I know that I could easily bring him on the bus with me -- he is quite unobtrusive, even in his carrier -- the brevity of the trip would not make the trip worth the stress inflicted on the poor little guy.

Instead, I made sure that he had ample amounts of worms in his food bowl, access to clean water, and a clean cage. He just finished shedding six hours before my departure, so that caused me even less anxiety.

And you bet that the first thing I do when I return will be to check on my little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment